Sunday, July 14, 2019

An Adult Student

It has been a very long time since I have blogged. Many things have happened in the last several years, and I just shoved it to the side and forgot about it.

Going back to college, I am revisiting my blog and beginning again.


I am attending Southeastern University in Durant, OK. I am continuing on to obtain my Bachelor’s degree after finishing and graduating with my Associate's from Murray State last summer.


This entire journey has been challenging to say the least, being a full-time employee, single mom of 3 children, and going to school full-time during my Associate's program was overwhelming. I have settled into school and now I am only taking one class at a time as to not juggle so much as previously


I am not the traditional student. I am 34 finally working on getting a college degree, going back to school after 10 years. I take online classes given the fact that it would be impossible for me to commute to Durant and back to Ardmore, 2-3 days a week. 

When I first began this journey, I wanted to study accounting. I did really well when I attended classes at the University Center, however online is very different and was a personal struggle.


I am still deciding on which direction I want to go whether it be Marketing or General Business. I have enjoyed my marketing classes and seemed to have understood it the best, however I still have a little time to decide a definitive major. 

More to come as this semester progresses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment