Sunday, February 27, 2011

To Every Thing There is a Season

Ecclesiastes 3. 1-8

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

     There is a season for everything from being born to dieing. We all go through seasons of pain, hurt, healing, peace, mourning, trouble, laughter, and success.
     Right now I am going through a couple of different seasons. This year has been really wonderful, though lately I have been grieving for a family that I don't know. My friend that I spoke about in an earlier post, having her newborn daughter in the hospital, her baby died Wednesday. I have been so bothered by this. I haven't talked to my friend in a good 4-5 years and found her through FaceBook. When I heard she had had a baby born with a problem I stated to her that whatever happened to give it to God and if she needed to talk I was there. When the baby died I felt like I was reliving Leah's death all over again. Besides my post I wrote about Leah, I haven't cried that much about her in a couple of years. I understand now why it bothers me so bad. I remember the pain and grief I felt and I don't ever want anyone else feeling what I did. I'm still very saddened by the whole ordeal. It's just this time of year from the day that Leah was born until St. Patrick's Day. It will definitely change my life for these two months forever.
     So, back to the seasons of life. We all experience these "seasons". Most instances are just a natural way of life while others are learning processes. God allows these "seasons" to happen in our lives to build us up and strengthen our faith in Him. He never leaves us alone, especially in the troublesome seasons. He teaches us that we need to fully rely and trust in Him to get us through any situation. Most of the time when things are going great we tend to forget about trusting in God for ALL our needs and wants. I believe that's why we have the trouble times, for us to remember. Give Him the glory in all things big and small, good and bad.

    Remember, especially the not so good things, are only for a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment